Wednesday 4 July 2012

Thinking About Christmas Decorations

 

 

A Stained Glass Father Christmas in the Making ........



I have been trying out some new Christmas decorations and I have come up with this Father Christmas carrying a sack of presents.  So far I have cut out all of the glass pieces and I am pleased with how he is looking.


What I Need to do Next



I now need to give all of the glass pieces a good wash in soapy water to remove the cutting oil.  Then I will wrap the edges of the glass in copper foil and make sure it sticks tightly to the glass and it is nice and smooth. 

The next job is to brush flux onto all of the copper foil seams in preparation for soldering.  I will then solder all of the glass pieces together and give it a final wash in soapy water to remove all traces of the flux.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment